If you are witness or involved in an auto accident, here are things you need to do:
- STOP immediately, but do not obstruct traffic.
- ASSIST injured. Have someone call police. Repeat after 5 minutes
- SECURE names, phone numbers, addresses of other drivers, witnesses, injured persons.
- SECURE make, model, license numbers of all vehicles involved.
- MAKE a rough drawing of scene, showing the position of all vehicles and other influential elements
- DON’T hastily accept claim settlements at the scene of an accident
- REMAIN calm, courteous and consistent in your version of the accident.
- NOTIFY your insurance agent as soon as possible.
- PRINT a checklist and keep it in your vehicle