Is your vehicle ready for winter driving?
Proper maintenance for your automobile is always important, but this especially is true during the winter.
- Check your coolant. Make sure the coolant level is correct and that it is mixed according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Use a lighter weight engine oil, like 10W40 for easier starts.
- Add dry gas to fuel to prevent the fuel line from freezing.
- Don’t let your gas tank drop below a quarter of a tank.
- Keep your washer fluid tank filled (store extra fluid in your trunk) and be sure the fluid is mixed with an antifreeze agent.
- Inspect your wiper blades to be sure they are working properly.
- Have your battery tested and replace it if it is not working at its peak. Cold weather can run down a battery quickly.
- Make sure tire pressure (including the spare) meets manufacturer’s specifications and that tire treads are not worn excessively.